Monday 9 April 2012

Caramel Apple Invention Cupcakes

I was making my standard vanilla cupcakes (from scratch) over the weekend and decided to spice things up. I have come to the realization that I shouldn’t buy bags of apples because I either always pick a bag of apples that are mostly bruised, or somehow am unable to transfer the apples safely to my apartment. As a result I have a drawer full of apples that are only suitable for baking in my fridge. I was going to make apple cinnamon vanilla cupcakes, but I’m not that big of a fan of cinnamon and didn’t want to over-add cinnamon and then not like the results, so I decided to use some caramel sauce instead. I made the vanilla cupcakes as the recipe states, then added 2 peeled apples and 2 tablespoons of caramel syrup. The resulting invention cupcakes are ok, but I’d definitely make some changes for next time. I think I’d replace the vanilla completely with caramel syrup and add another apple. I’d also make sort of an apple crisp topping (minus any cinnamon) and add it on top with a drizzle of caramel sauce. The results of this sounds really good to me! I’ll have to post an update later - with a recipe and picture if they’re good – because I need to eat my first attempt at caramel apple cupcakes first!

C

No comments:

Post a Comment