Monday 13 August 2012

Zucchini Brownies



I finally had some time to do some baking, and I decided to try a recipe for Zucchini Brownies that I found on Pinterest. I was looking for a healthier option for a dessert, and zucchini is in season now, so this looked promising. The recipe is available here: TheYummyLife.com/Zucchini_Brownies.



I used 3 normal sized zucchinis to get 2 cups. I don't have a blender or food processor, so I cut the zucchini into fairly small pieces then added it little by little with the yogurt into my Magic Bullet. I used vegetable oil and a low sugar regular yogurt. I had regular whole wheat flour, and it is ok, but he texture of the brownies isn't as smooth as using white flour - I guess saying they were a tiny bit gritty would be accurate. Whole wheat pastry flour (as used in the recipe) would solve this problem. You can see or taste the zucchini in the brownies. If I hadn't made them myself, I would have no idea that there was a vegetable hiding in this treat!. The brownies were very moist. I didn't try the frosting recipe from the website - I had some Betty Crocker chocolate frosting leftover from my holiday Cake Pops, so I iced the brownies with them, then added some crushed pecans on top. These brownies were very tasty, and I will definitely make them again.

Today's Scrabble word: CIG for 18 points

No comments:

Post a Comment