Monday 2 January 2017

New Year / Finally have an appointment

Another year has passed and still no baby or pregnancy. While I am not hopeful that we will have a baby or be pregnant by the end of this year, I do hope we will be able to close this chapter and be able to move on as child-free not by choice.


We finally have an appointment with the new fertility doctor. Back in August the clinic estimated that we’d have an appointment in March or April. Our appointment is February 28. I’m hoping that we’ll be able to start IVF right away, but it has been over a year since the testing has been done so I’m sure we will need to repeat at least some of the tests before we are able to start. I hope we will be able to get the testing done within one cycle so it isn’t too long of a delay before starting IVF. I don’t want to wait any longer. We have spent long enough waiting for a baby and putting things on hold and living life differently that it is time to actually do something. That being said, I’m really not looking forward to IVF. It’s so many needles, and so much money, and no guarantee that after spending $15,000 that we will actually have embryos, let alone a take-home baby. If the IVF fails I don’t know if we’ll have the money or the emotional ability to try again. The very very sucky thing is that if the IVF fails we may not even be able to continue to try naturally because I can’t keep dealing with this almost constant bleeding and birth control is the only thing that stops the bleeding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment