Tuesday 26 July 2016

Vent

Are empathy and sensitivity really that hard? Like, I’m sorry dealing with my infertility is an inconvenience for you because it’s just such a walk in the park for me.


I’m so hurt and angry by some things some of my so-called friends said that I’m honestly questioning if I should continue the relationship. Look, I know pregnancy/parenting is hard, but maybe you shouldn’t complain about how much it sucks to someone that is willing to give everything (plus $20,000) to experience it. Respect that some days I will be able to listen to you and offer support and that other days (like today when I get confirmation that cycle 19 didn’t work and I know cycle 20 isn’t even worth counting because my husband and I will be apart) I just can’t. I can’t listen to you complain about sleepless nights when I spent half an hour lying on my bathroom floor sobbing. I just can’t today. It doesn’t mean I’m not there for you or that I don’t support you, it just means today that I need to be put myself first and protect my heart, and I need your respect for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment